Cooper update:
started school on tuesday. He did cry at first, but was OK by the time I left. I called 2 hours later and was told that he was having a "great day". I asked if he cried when I left and they said no. Mom picked him up, because I was at work at the SB store. When I got home, Here is how the conversation went.
M: Did you like school?
C: yes.
M: did you eat lunch?
C: yes.
M: What did you eat?
C: peanut butter and jelly.
M: Did you play with the kids?
C: yes, I played with the girls.
M: the girls?, you didn't play with the boys?
C: the yucky boy threw a lello block and hit me in the face.
M: He did? Did you tell your teacher he hit you?
C: He didn't mean to.
M: So it was an accident?
C: yes, it was an accident.
Now here is the tell all question...
M: Do you want to go back to play tomorrow?
C: yes.
OMG, that is the answer I was waiting for...The fact that he wants to go back, lets me know that he is in fact ready for this.
I am so happy!
Oh, about the 'yucky' thing...
Now, I don't think he really understands the word 'yucky'. Because he will use it when we are in the car, about another perfectly good looking car. It may mean just something/one he doesn't like for some reason. Or it could mean something completely different. Kind of like he call big trucks dooby doos...
Wednesday he told me in the morning he didn't want to go to school, but I told im he had to. He went and didn't cry. When we got there, his teacher Lori was waiting for him and took him in to the class. He looked a little apprehensive, but he went.
Thursday He walked in like me walking into a SB shop. It was like Sydney used to do. Walk in and turn as say 'bye ma' and start to play.
I cannot tell you what a relief this is. I thought I would be sending off to college crying holding on to my leg...LOL
He is now pretty mich potty trained except for #2. He still will not do this. I guess he wants to hold on to this for a while.
OK, now Sydney
What can I say? She has started 5th grade, and is now eligible to join clubs at school. This is a big deal!
She came home and wanted to know if she could join the "archer's in action" club. This is so typical Sydney. This is the group at school who voluneer's helping out in the community. Exactly what I would expect from her. She is such and compassionate person. I love her so much and am so pround of her for being so caring.
She also said she was thinking about trying out for the volleyball, cabbage ball, and basketball teams. She asked if it was too much, and I said chances are she wouldn't make all of the teams, so it wouldn't hurt to try. Just don't be too disappointed because I didn't think that many 5th graders were picked for the teams.
She also has been very helpful around the house. She does sometimes still make faces at me when I ask her to do something, but she does it. And she does it well.
Her favorite things right now...
TV (Disnet channel: liizzie miguire, that's so raven, phil of the future, just to name a few)
My chicken mushroom piccata (AKA soft chicken according to Sydney)
riding the 4 wheeler with Robert
reading in bed
OK, enough for now....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment