While we are in the car driving, Cooper has been telling me to be careful especially when we are getting onto the industrial canal bridge. It kind of freaks me out because you know how they say innocent children can sometimes"see" things. I keep wondering if he knoew soemthing I don't.
Sydney is growing up too quickly. Recently we were doing something where she had her arm up and I smelled BO! OMG! My little girl is going to be entering puberty soon!!! I gently told her that she might need to start wearing deodorant. She wasn't too pleased.
The other day, Cooper asked me to turn on the light in the closet under the stairs for him (his toys are kept in there). After I turned the light on for him, he said "Mommy you are such a sweet girl". I was soo cute!
Monday night football. I usually don't watch. In fact, although I like football, I generally don't watch unless it is a team I feel for. Namely the Saints and somtimes LSU. Well, I couldn't believe that I was so excited for Monday night football. Yea, it was the Saints. Yea, it was the re-opening of the dome post-Katrina. Yea, it was the Falcons. But all the hype in the city for this game was out of control! Everyone you talked to wanted to be there. They were comparing it to the Superbowl! Can you believe it? I HAD TICKETS!!! And not only for this game, but ALL SEASON!!! We went, Rob and I, and we sat and will sit near the most fun people! We are going to have a blast all the way to Dec. 31, and maybe after (keeping fingers crossed). And if all that isn't great enough, we WON!!! Yes the Saints are 3-0. Can we go 4-0? We will see next Sunday, Carolina Panthers.
Robert's birthday was yesterday. I really wanted it to be special because for his 40th last year was pretty much skipped over because of being evacuated for Katrina. We actually had a little surprise party for him on Sunday, we just had the family over and cake. He found out about it before everyone got there, but I think he appreciated us trying anyway. Yesterday, we had a quiet dinner at home, and I baked a red velvet cake and we sang happy birthday (again). He got a lot of birthday calls and even though he did have to work, he had a good day. But, the birthday celebration continues over the weekend. We are going up to Vickburg to see Joseph play in his homecoming game and while there are going to go out to dinner with the whole family, minus Ward. Rob, me and kids, Deborah, Christopher and William, Beverly and George, and John and Yvonee and Gilliam and Bailey are going to Steve and Lisa's house. Well we are not staying there, we are all staying at the Cedar Grove Historical Bed and Breakfast. That is also where we will be having dinner on Sat night.
That's all for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment